Norah Morris Memorial Scholarship
Criteria for applying for this scholarship are:
- Applicants should be pursuing an undergraduate degree. This degree is not necessarily a horse studies or horse related degree.
- Application for this scholarship is not limited to incoming freshmen.
- Recipients of the Norah Morris Scholarship are encouraged to participate in IHSA program or to continue to horse show independently in USEF/NCHJA shows to stay actively involved in the sport.
- The Norah Morris Scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding candidate who has demonstrated an ability to successfully balance academic goals with equestrian activities and community involvement.
- Applicants/recipients are invited to apply or reapply on an annual basis.
- Applicants should submit a letter of recommendation from their trainer, coach or other non family member who is familiar with their horse related activities.
2020 Norah Morris Memorial Scholarship
The NCHJA is pleased to award college scholarships to two deserving young people. The Norah Morris Memorial Scholarship was established in 2006, by the North Carolina Hunter Jumper Association, in memory of Norah Morris. The scholarship fund, managed by the North Carolina Community Foundation,was estabished to honor Norah and the Morris family's commitments to higher education, equestrain activities and community service. The NCHJA is proud to offer two $1000 Norah Morris Scholarships for the 2020 school year. Congratulation to our 2020 Norah Morris Memorial Scholarships recipients. Both young ladies have maintained excellent academic records while being involved extensively in equestrian actiities and in the community